i really love hearing about ghost stories, folklore and the like, and im sure there people out there who can relate, so i decided to throw together a masterpost. this collection is the result of a half hours’ worth of googling around. i apologize if there are any broken links - if you catch one, please fix it. additionally, if you know any good links that arent listed here, feel free to add them!
browse carefully - some of these are pretty creepy. lots of violence and swearing scattered around, etc.
Snopes: (warning: some popups! snopes is sometimes an unreliable source, so i suggest taking its articles with a grain of salt, but theyre still a pretty good read.)
- 136 creepy wikipedia articles (not all urban legends, but still a really excellent masterpost!)
- American Folklore (havent delved too deep into this website but it has a lot of content - check the links across the top in the red bar)
- Creepypasta Index - Highest Rated (again, havent read all of these but theres some classics on here i recognize)
- All-Lies (has some irritating ads, but theres a lot of stuff on here. take note of the sweet ’90s flames on the bottom of the page)
- DisneyLies - (sister site to the previous link. im not sure why there are so many creepy myths surrounding disney, but these are pretty good. also has some pretty rad flames)
i will live in this post.
WHOA, definitely saving this for later.
You know what’s odd about the Disney thing? You can get a loooot of former cast members to talk about a lot of stuff. (Current cast members, don’t even try. The Mouse has too many eyes out there, so they zip up.)
But the one question I have never gotten a former cast member to answer seriously, is the one about Walt’s frozen head. I know that some of them are just fucking around with people by refusing to answer that one, but I also have seen the “I KNOW THE AAAANSWER AND IIIII’M NOT TEEEELLLING YOUUUUU”. And that’s from people who haven’t worked there in years. Is there some lifetime-long NDA about Walt Disney and cryogenics out there?
CONSPIRACY. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN.